Monday, April 2, 2012

Bunny Hop Freebie

Welcome to Freebie #!



Thinking of Teaching is hopping down the bunny trail along with my fellow TBA authors!! We hope that you join us for this fun celebration.



My contribution to this shindig is a set of math stations I created for my class' unit on money. As I teach in Canada I am using Canadian money as manipulatives for my students but it would be just as easy for you to adapt these stations to the currency used where you live.

There are 11 stations and I had my students meet with me as a 12th station so I could have a one on one conversation with each of my students and assess their understanding using anecdotal observations.


Click on the picture below to pick up this freebie for yourself.

The clipart used in this freebie is from Scrappin Doodles.
The fonts are from: Kevin and Amanda and Sugar Frog Fonts.  

Once you have downloaded the math stations freebie you will need to do a little prep before using these stations in your own classroom. I went to Math-Aids.com to create the money manipulatives and coin/bill counting sheets you will need for the stations! I would have posted mine but I used Canadian money and that won't be useful to many of you! You will also need to collect grocery store flyers, toy store flyers and pizza place flyers. 

Have fun!


Click on Egg #6 to keep on bunny hopping on to the next freebie. Thanks for visiting!


10 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Tamara L. Chilver said...

This is FABULOUS! Thank you!

Lori Rosenberg said...

Excellent game! Thank you so much!

Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter

Angelia said...

Great idea! Which clip art package at Scrappin Doodles did you use?

Angelia
Extra Special Teaching

Beth said...

It's a package called "Shopping"!! My favourite activity!

Rschu64 said...

Thank you! Any quick tips to convert the currency to Australian dollars?

Anonymous said...

This will be a great review for our money unit!

Can you describe or show us what their money passport looks like?

Thanks!

Runde's Room said...

OH - I LOVE the idea of adding a conference station to your math stations - I'm just working on my first big set of stations for the classroom, and I wouldn't have thought of that. THANK-YOU!!! (Btw - I made up a poster and reflection sheets of the glow and grow strategy for my bunny hop freebie today - drop by and grab a copy).

Jen
Runde's Room

Beth said...

Rschu64,
Go to http://www.math-aids.com/Money/
you can print off the same money I did but the Australian currency.
Beth

Beth said...

I will take some pictures and post them ASAP!

Beth said...

On my way!!

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover