Thursday, July 24, 2014

Chapter 9- Guided Math- Putting It Into Practice


We made it!
I am so happy about the learning and re-learning I've done over the course of this book study and want to thank all of you for joining me on this journey.

It's not over yet... of, course we all need to go back to school and like the chapter says "put it into practice". 

I'm looking forward to many posts to come, here on my blog and on yours to see how people adapt and modify the Guided Math framework to fit their teaching style and the learning styles of their students.

Some things that stood out for me during this chapter were:

* the list of "look fors" on page 246 that describe students who are learning mathematics. 

I'd like to make this into a lesson or anchor chart...or something!

* the questions on page 247 for teachers of mathematics to consider

This is a great place to start your planning for sure!


Well, isn't that a loaded question!

Since I technically started implementing the Guided Math framework in my class two years ago this isn't really the beginning for me, but it is a new start.

So what are my goals?




Background papers from:




So it looks like I've got some work to do!

And I'll be back to post my progress on these goals and to update you on my Math Workshop series.

Thanks for joining in on this great book study.








0 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover