Thursday, May 30, 2013

End of the Year Plans...Getting Through Till the End of June!


Here is an activity my class and I did to celebrate the end of the year last year...and that I plan to repeat this year.

Stephanie from Teaching in Room 6 posted about these great goodbye posters her students made for a staff member that was leaving her school and I just loved how they looked. I decided that I wanted to do a smiler project with my Grade 4's because we had been studying perspective in art and language so it would be a good "curricular" tie-in for the last week of school. 

This year I think it will just be  a fun "end of the school year" project, especially once we are done our EQAO (standardized testing) in two weeks. 



Each student traced their hand and then drew themselves "waving goodbye to Grade 4". In the speech bubbles we wrote all the things we would miss about Grade 4. They turned out super cute, I think! Thanks to Stephanie for such a great idea.



I am also thinking I would like to do this Watercolour Journal Page that Tara posted about over at 4th Grade Frolics.

Don't they look amazing?

Photo via 4th Grade Frolics

Lastly, this is an art project I did at the beginning of the year last year when I taught art and I LOVED it. I didn't get to teach my own art this year (sad) so I think it would make a good ending project!

These are the finished Name Art Projects my students completed last year when I taught Grade 4. 





Here are a few of my favourites!




What are your "go-to" activities for the end of the year?

2 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Karyn said...

What a cool idea! I just found your blog through Brenda's (Primary Inspired). So glad to be following you now!

œKaryn
A is for Apple B is for Blog
Kideducator@comcast.net

Unknown said...

I love the hands idea, I think I might use it for when I meet my new class or as a first week back activity to wave hello to the new academic year. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover