Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Skip Counting Task Cards- A New Product!


This year I have Guided Math fully up and running in my class and I must say that I am loving it. In the past I tried to jump in too fast and then it all fell apart but not this year, we have been going slow. Mixing in whole class lessons, math journal work, and the three-part lesson.

Right now we are working on skip counting and data management...I like to do two strands of math at the same time. It helps the students connect patterns between the types of math.
But anyway...I offered a skip counting freebie last week as part of the Halloween Blog Hop I participated in and now I have the full product for you.


I think if you liked the freebie than you are going to LOVE these skip counting task cards.


This pack contains 65 task cards that can be used in a variety of ways in your math class.
I plan to use them as Must Do's during my Guided Math rotations and for assessment during Math Conferences.


I have included a recording sheet so your students can track the numbers they are counting with and begin to see patterns in their skip counting.


Communication in math is one of my favourite things to teach so I have also created 2 different reflection sheets that students can use to help explain their understanding and thinking about skip counting. 



I hope you find these useful in your class.
If there is a number that your curriculum dictates that you teach for skip counting and it's not included in the package, please email me and we can see if we can work something out!


0 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover