Monday, July 4, 2011

Whisper- Surveys

Head over to these stupendous blogs to see what other thoughts are being "thunk" about student surveys!





I love surveys....well, I love surveys in the classroom. Real life, not so much (especially those pesky telemarketers that always know when it's dinner time!). I have used surveys in my classroom since I started teaching and always have one at the beginning of the year....BUT I have never thought of using them to inform my book recommendations for students. Amazing idea. I always used them to know a little about my student's family back ground, subject likes/dislikes and as a bit of a writing diagnostic. I am definitely going to look at my student surveys in a whole new light come September and I think I will also repeat the survey halfway through the year to see if my student's interests have changed as they have grown.


Discussion:
Have you used surveys in the past? What information did you hope to get from them?
What is your plan for student surveys after reading this "whisper"?
Do you have a student survey prepared? Post it as a freebie!





1 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Kelli Beason said...

Hey Beth,

Plan on posting this tomorrow! However, I am having a math linky party and my giveaway still. I am loving following along with everyone on their ideas from the Book Whisper. Hope you had a good 4th!

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover